Young Adult Life Crisis

This is how I deal

Friday, April 29, 2011

Part 2

Bigger problem. When do I get close enough to God so that I can start praying for other people?
 When we receive Christ, we are justified: just as if I had never sinned. Whose righteousness can we claim? Only the righteousness of Jesus. Now, when we receive Christ do we have a strong relationship with God? Interestingly enough, I must say...YES. Finitely in our own minds, as babes is Christ the relationship with Christ is weak, and quite honestly, we probably do not know enough about God . But a babe in Christ is far wiser than many people. Just receiving Christ puts us on a different playing field than everyone else because we now have access to the Father (GOD).  Not trying to explain the trinity here but receiving Christ is receiving not just any relationship with God but Jesus' relationship with His Father. In case you do not know, Jesus and His Father are one, and there is no closer relationship than that. Based on that, I must declare that my earthly Father's way of describing what state we must be in to intercede on behalf of someone else before God is  flawed. Quite honestly, I feel he makes statements up like this to trip people up. Because the statement is right. Only people with a close relationship with God can pray for other people. What he's trying to say is that only people with a relationship with God can pray for other people and get answers. Further elaborations, if you go against God's will, you're not in a relationship with Him. But, where sin abounds, grace abounds more. And I know for a fact God rains good and bad on both the good and bad. Either way, I must say, there can be nothing wrong with any random person praying for any other random person. Why? God likes when we pray. If you're sincere God will lead you into all truth. Just pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment