My brother's girlfriend gave me a water bottle from Victoria Secret. She works at Victoria Secret. She's a Victoria Secret kind of girl. VS is okay for me but I'm a Bath & Body Works kind of girl myself. I have no idea why she gave me the gift. But it's practical. I can use it.
I think I can. No hot liquids, not microwaveable, wash with soapy water, no bleach; yeah, it seems usable. I believe the gift is a good-will gesture. Maybe she senses that we're not well-matched together (as if we are the ones going out). Given the circumstances, I probably wouldn't be her friend. Not because I'm heartless. Let me tell you why.
My cousin came over this evening to get her hair braided by my mother. I helped, which is why I'm so late for today's (or yesterday's) blog installment. My cousin categorized herself as not being the popular type. You know what she means by popular type. I guess I'm depending too much on high school social status grouping. But as my cousin said this, I realized why I'm not really close to my youngest brother's girlfriend. He is the popular type and just by chosen association, his girlfriend would be the popular type. But myself, my cousin and my younger brother are just not that type. My youngest brother's girlfriend is nice. I'm sure she is. But I do not know her at all and my brother has known her for at least 5 years. The only thing I can blame is that we're just not the same type. I thanked her for the gift and that was the end of our conversation for the evening. Too bad. If we were closer, I'd probably get some cool free stuff from VS.
No comments:
Post a Comment