Young Adult Life Crisis

This is how I deal

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Goodie Two Shoes

When I was younger, I was the one in my group of friends who never knew the whole story. Why? Because of fear that there were bits of the story that were just to bad for my ears to hear. So out of perservation of my purity and fear that I would tell someone older, I never knew the whole story. I hated being the odd one out of everything and how no one wanted to tell me what was really going. But I understood why because I had an image. My personality also went along with that image. I was the one that tried to bring WWJD into the situation and honestly I wanted to please and love Jesus. But when I was younger I wanted to do it because it was the right thing to do. Now I want to do it because it is the only way to productively live my life. One of my younger friends unfriended me on facebook. When I asked her why, she said it was because she was doing some bad things on facebook and didn't want her mother to know. Now, honestly, I admire this girl because she is at the ripe age for a perm and yet she has not permed her hair, she wants to model and while that does show a lot of pride, it also shows that she likes the way she looks even though she is dark-skinned. I used to tutor her a few years back so I know she has the attitude of her age group....stink! But still I like the fact that she is real. This unfriending thing is one of the least realest things she has done toward me. But yet it is too real. So I sat her down today and I basically told her that while it hurt me that I was not her friend on facebook (which to me showed the underlying truth that we weren't really true friends), but if it was sin she was hiding from her mom, she shouldn't worry about unfriending me but she should worry about her relationship with God. She basically tells me she hates me. That hurt too. But I came home and I read: "So do all who cherish evil under a profession of godliness hate those who disturb their peace by condemning their course of sin.When a favorable opportunity is presented, they will, like Judas, betray those who for their good have sought to reprove them....They could not long remain in connection with those who were, in habit and disposition, constant representatives of Christ; and as trials and persecution came upon His followers, those only who were willing to forsake all for the truth's sake desired to become His disciples. " GC, 44. I am encouraged by reading that and now I know that our connection/facebook friendship had to break. I love her but if my christian witness (I have a witness!) stands as a disturbance to her peace, what can I do? But if you're going to hide some evil lifestyle, why profess godliness? Why fake being God's when you can truly celebrate your so called "freedom" and live it up in the world without the restraint of a powerless christian persona? I was contemplating not going to my church anymore because I was so hurt by the situation. Then I found a friend and we started having a good conversation. While I'm talking to her, this dude calls us Bible feens (msp?) . My question to the church is aren't we all supposed to be Bible feens? Shouldn't you be worried if you are a christian who does not like the Bible? I embrace my goodie two shoes because if it gives me the right to be call a representative of Christ, then so be it. Amen.
Next: Calling All Risk Takers

No comments:

Post a Comment