Young Adult Life Crisis

This is how I deal

Monday, May 7, 2012

You are the most important person...

I took a medical missionary course. It was very informative and I am so glad I went.  I am not necessarily applying what I learned but I am glad I went. The teacher, Pastor Daley, informed us that in order to be certified as a medical missionary, you must fulfill some requirements. Now, I am doing some other courses too and I am sure that this course will take up a substantial amount of my time. But I know who my worst enemy is. It's not my schedule or my church or my future job/schooling or my family or my anything I can offer as an excuse as to why I could not complete the certification for the course. My worse enemy is myself and all the bad habits that go along with what I call the normal procedure. Laziness, procrastination, doubt, confusion.  I am sure I have the ability to complete all of the things I have allotted for myself to do this year. However, I find myself. pushing things back and accomplishing the bare minimum. I could say I am sad and perplexed about my situation but a lot of the time I find myself not caring. Yes you heard me right. I am in a state of indifference, which is probably worse than any Laodician mindset of ignorance. I know and don't care.  However I have a plan. This week, I study for the exam. Next Sunday, on Mother's day, the Senior Youth Leadership Course that I'm taking will be facilitating a church history exam. So this week, I plan on studying my butt off everyday at the library. Yes you heard right. I plan to change things up. Sad story is that I have many plans. That's why I find myself doing all these things, because I have plans. But the gumption to follow through? Not there. But I'm making my own gumption and devoting this week to studying for that exam. LOL. Because , like Pastor Daley said, YOU are the most important person. I got to do me. I got to fix me. This is not an impossibility. I can do this!!! I have the power to accomplish whatever I set my mind to. Church heritage is going down!!!!

Next Blog: let my tongue be silenced if i ever forget you

No comments:

Post a Comment