When I spoke to a friend of mine about occurrences that happened and why she was displeased with me. She mentioned that I said something about her while I was not aware of her presence. Basically I was backbiting. SMDH. And then I did it again and God put up a stop sign.
I'm telling my friend a story about the same person. I'm about to go in to detail, nothing too negative. I'm literally recounting a true story with a touch of personal opinion. But then the person I'm talking to tells me, " You know, the person you're talking about is here today." I then have a brain wipe. What I was about to say before she interjected was erased from my memory. And now I have to reword the story so that it sounds more favorable to the person I'm talking about. The knowledge that the person I was talking about had the possibility of hearing what I was saying changed my mind and I could not recall what I was going to say. Knowing that this same person heard me before made me more aware of her hearing me this time. I cringe to think of the example I set when I talk about other people who do not make me aware of them. Lord, shut my mouth, until I remember thee.
Next blog: What can I do Lord?
No comments:
Post a Comment