Young Adult Life Crisis

This is how I deal

Monday, October 3, 2011

I won't be long

I spent my time today at my job in the preschool.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8zP34AhuU&feature=related
This song was the theme of the day. I pondered in school about my future career/job as a teacher, specifically in reference to http://www.nycteachingfellows.org/browsernotsupported.html. I want it but I know it's not the end or goal of my life. I'm afraid if I get caught up in that failed system, I will be stuck in it because I am not of the frame of mind to want to leave stability. I really want that stability but I know my aim is much higher. I also know that the aim's pursuit may not be understood by everyone. I was speaking to my sister yesterday and when she heard that I had gotten called back by the job to substitute, she was so happy because God was "opening doors" for me. I laughed inside because there is a longing inside me for God to open up a different kind of door to a whole other life that I may not be ready for. I was speaking to my father today and he asked me when I was going to get something more permanent. He said that the best for me would be a full time teaching position. I responded by saying that it isn't the best for me. I spoke to my cousin about how I would not let my kids watch Aladdin because it glorified a thief and I sensed that it was just too much for her.  I realized that at some point I'm going to look absolutely crazy in front of my relatives and friends. I realized that my life will run against the grain and my state of mind, the way it is now will not be able to handle that. I have to be changed in order for me to stand up for what I believe in. Two cents

No comments:

Post a Comment