Young Adult Life Crisis

This is how I deal

Monday, August 29, 2011

Broadway Spa & Nail Salon

I went to a nail salon in Manhattan because I had a coupon. $17 for a manicure and a pedicure instead of 35 dollars? Mind you, I could get that in Brooklyn for $17, no discount. When I bought the coupon it was on impulse and I was considering not going but I had aleady put myself in the situation. I enter the place and they ask me for the coupon right away as if they know, "Oh, she's black. She must have a coupon." They're quick to tell me there is a $2 tax. This chick is doing my manicure and she's cutting my cuticle. Now I'm feeling pain but I do not mention anything because I believe she knows what she's doing. Then, when she is done cutting the cuticle she's saying she cut it too deep. I see my cuticle is bleeding. She puts on the antibacterial on the cuticle (I point out the other bleeding cuticles so that she can address them but I'm not thinking about not tipping...yet) quickly she tells me to take out the two dollars tax ( I don't believe she was fully trained yet so she knew people would withhold tip and/or tax. I believe she is the one that gets all the people with the coupons) She asked me if it was my first time and that I should have told her. It wasn't my first time getting my cuticle cut and I've never had bleeding cuticles before but I let her believe what she wanted to believe. I felt the need to make her day happy so I acted as if there was no problem. Unfortunately, the bleeding stopped there, but continued on the train. I spent a good portion of the ride home applying pressure to the wounds. When I got home it was acetone and peroxide. On my hands, LOL. The pedicure is my money's worth. LOL. Lesson learned. No payment for manicures or pedicures ever again. I have a manicure set at home. I really I do not want to use it because I feel God made my nails the way they are because he wanted them that way. There is no reason for me to add on to it except that which is healthy and practical          (which means clipping and oil. no polish necessary) I mean, I admire other people's nails but it isn't worth it. Why must I add on to myself?  Is that too crazy? I'm throwing away the nail polish before I can change my mind. LOLGood night blog!

More info: Reasons to not polish my nails/do complicated hairstyles(yikes to the last one)

1)Jesus validates me the way I am
2)Jesus need the attention from others not my hair or my nails
3) I am more than my hair/nails
4) It is impractical the amount of time I spend in my hair and on my nails. As a steward, Jesus' time can be spent better.

Speaking of better spending Jesus' time, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment