Young Adult Life Crisis
This is how I deal
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Discipline
I realized a long time ago that I am not that glamorous chick, even at the age of 25. I actually look my age now and I'm still not devastatingly beautiful. Oh how I wish I was but I'm not. And even though I clearly desire this, there is a part of me that is more true to who I am that knows it would not be possible. This is not low self worth or anything like that. This is the part of me that detests putting work into maintaining the glamour. Not that I would have to do much to maintain. But I know that if I do what is necessary in order for me to be glamorous, I would pull my eye sockets out trying to keep that up. I rather spend an hour in the morning studying the word of God.than beating my face of fixing my hair. Clean and neat is all that is necessary and I can rarely get that right. How full of ego do you have to be to spend that much time on glamour? I don't know, I cannot discern it fully when I see that type of personality. You know the diva type. For one thing, people who are all glammed up are usually super friendly and yet you would assume they would be snotty. Unless they are snotty and their beauty blocks out the negatives of their personality. LOL. I believe that's possible. God has blessed many people with beauty beyond comprehension. All things are possible. What is really disappointing is when I put all that work in to glam up and it never comes out like I would want it. So I spent a good amount of my time glamming up my character. To be quite honest, I give up quite easily in that area, because like with my face and body, the results of failure are quite devastating. So I do what I want neglecting the necessity of character building and the desire to glamorize my physical body in order to participate in supposed liberty which in truth is anarchy. However it is possible that I have building a character trait that I have seen strong in me in my seed-like stages and I nurtured and cared for by fostering it. The trait is giving up when I fail. I gave up on being physically beautiful because I have failed at creating and maintaining that glamour and yet it's something I want and admire in others. I give up on perfecting character because I failed to subdue my indulgences and desires and yet I want that certainty of salvation. Now I am giving up my supposed liberty because I'm sick and tired of the disorder my life has become. So today I am ordering myself a little. I am in the Word and I'm cleaning my face. LOL! I want an end to this conflict, in which I will just stand firm no matter how devastating the failure. Oh how I fear failure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment