Young Adult Life Crisis

This is how I deal

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Uncle Clive SMH

When I told Uncle Clive that I was pondering being a missionary, he told me that it was something that I had to really want. When he said that, I laughed to myself because it was pure garbage to me. If we were to apply that principle to life, then the idea is that we have to do stuff that we really want to do. I don't even want to go to graduate school, even though I know that would further my career and increase my skills. I don't even want to work even though I know that the Bible says a man that doesn't work doesn't eat. If we only did what we really wanted to do, to be quite honest, I don't think much of the essential things would get done. In fact, I know that if I lived according to this principle, I wouldn't do jack. Yes, I would read fanfics and eat junk food all day long. So I have to disagree with you dear uncle Clive because if I wanted to do Missionary work then I would not have the right intentions in mind. To all of us searching for the right feeling to accompany the right decision and left with nothing but the constant drive to work harder, I salute you. Because though the wrong seems oft so strong. God is the Ruler Yet. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. A bit confused but I guess I understand.

    ReplyDelete